"I needed to realize that every day mattered, and that is very easy to forget when you’re in the midst of some trauma. It’s easy to forget all the time. And I find that I still have to remind myself that every day is like a little life."
Beauty or brains?
Fuck that, it’s not a dichotomy. Let’s not act like mascara glues girls eyes so shut that they can’t read a word of Dickens or solve a trig problem. Let’s talk about how no boy has ever been asked if he’d rather get his Bachelor’s or get married; no boy has ever been told that he’s too handsome to run for office. So why cover up my tits so you can take me seriously?
Beauty or brains? I’ll take ‘em all, thanks.
"Sometimes I miss you
the way someone drowning
remembers the air."
Important things I’ve learned in the last 6 months.
- Always say yes to seeing friends
- Eat breakfast every day
- Recognize that positive change rarely happens overnight
- Accept the fuck-ups, but try not to let them happen again
- There is a song to remedy every situation on the planet
- Appreciate the people in your life
- Look for the good in everything
- Try new things and try them often
- Treat yourself as well as you treat others
Never forget 3 types of people in your life:
- Who helped you in your difficult times.
- Who left you in your difficult times.
- Who put you in difficult times.